Tribute to America’s most famous businesswoman: Mary Kay Ash.
The Mary Kay® Museum is located on the ground floor at Mary Kay Inc.’s world headquarters in Addison, TX (a suburb north of Dallas). It is open to the public for visits and tours. The museum boasts 3,500 square feet of display space, helping preserve the Company’s history and promoting the heritage and legacy of Mary Kay Ash and the company she built.
The self-guided tour includes exhibits on the history of the Mary Kay Corporation, on Mary Kay Ash herself, and the impact she made on the world of business. On display you will find Starter Kits throughout the years, pictures and newspaper clippings chronicling the Company’s growth, and Mary Kay’s first checkbook. There is a 40-seat theater at the Museum that features clips and films about Mary Kay Ash and Mary Kay Inc. It continues with a fashion display of the many dresses Mary Kay Ash wore throughout the years, which were designed by the gifted American fashion designer Victor Costa himself. The company’s fashion choices for the independent sales force are also on display and recognizes the different levels of achievement. The Museum walls and display cases culminate the experience as the many awards and honors received by Mary Kay Ash and Mary Kay Inc. are weaved throughout.
Come visit and learn more about the woman who has helped millions of women all over the world.
Mary Kay Museum
16251 Dallas Parkway
Addison, TX 75001
Museum hours are subject to change during company events
Monday 9:00 AM–4:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM–4:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM–4:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM–4:00 PM
DID YOU KNOW?
- 1988—Mary Kay Ash is featured in the “Great American Entrepreneur” series at the Smithsonian Institution.
- 1993—Mary Kay Inc. opens the Mary Kay Museum (located in its global headquarters building) on the company’s 30th anniversary.
- 1996—Named to the National Business Hall of Fame by Fortune magazine and Junior Achievement. A gallery picturing the recipients is housed in the Chicago’s Museum of Science and History.
- 2000—Mary Kay Ash is one of 39 American women featured in the Unforgettable Women section of The Women’s Museum in Dallas: An Institute for the Future. The Museum displays the pink suit Mary Kay wore for the 30th anniversary Seminar, a diamond bumblebee pin, a pink Mary Kay truck and a copy of Room at the Top.
- 2012—The Mary Kay Museum was voted #1 among “The Top 10 Sights to See in Dallas”, according to a poll conducted by Transition Optical and the Town of Addison. The poll ranked the Mary Kay Museum first among the JFK Memorial, Cowboys Stadium, and other popular Dallas-area attractions including the Fort Worth Stockyards.
- 2012—Dallas Hotel Magazine featured the Mary Kay Museum as one of the “Fantastic Foursome” places to visit in Dallas.