CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Date Joined Mary Kay:
September 9, 2013
As Chief Operating Officer, Deborah Gibbins has broad responsibility for Mary Kay’s product strategy, research and development, supply chain, financial operations, and information technology. Deborah is part of executive committees responsible for IT security, enterprise risk management, and facilities planning. Deborah joined Mary Kay as Chief Financial Officer in 2013.
Before coming to Mary Kay, Deborah held senior leadership roles within the finance function of PepsiCo’s Frito Lay North America division, including Senior Vice President, Revenue Management, and Senior Vice President, Controller. Before her PepsiCo career, Deborah was a senior manager at Arthur Andersen LLP in Dallas.
Deborah has a proven track record of delivering performance through cost management, creating business efficiencies through the understanding of metrics, and the ability to objectively improve and streamline operations.
Deborah is a regular on the speakers’ circuit with her latest engagements speaking at various UN Women events about entrepreneurship and women’s economic and social empowerment. She was also instrumental in launching the Women’s Entrepreneurship Accelerator (WEA), which is a multi-stakeholder partnership initiative on women’s entrepreneurship convening 6 United Nations agencies (ILO, ITC, ITU, UNDP, UNGC, UN Women) and Mary Kay Inc. to empower 5 million women entrepreneurs by 2030 and to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by creating an enabling ecosystem for women entrepreneurs around the world.
Deborah is a Certified Public Accountant and earned a Bachelor of Business Administration from Southern Methodist University. Deborah and her husband Robb reside in Dallas and have two sons.
Affiliations, Activities & Recognition
- Board Member/Dallas Chapter of International Women’s Forum, Present
- Board Member/SMU Texas-Mexico Institute, Present
- Member/Cox Executive Board, Present
- Member/Dallas Assembly, Present
- Member/National Association of Corporate Directors, Present
- Board of Directors, Personal Care Products Council, Present
- Board of Directors/Direct Selling Association, Present
- Board of Directors/Bush Brothers & Company, Present
- Named the Southern Methodist University Cox School of Business “Distinguished Alumnus,” 2014
FAVORITE MARY KAY QUOTE:
“Never hide behind policy or pomposity.”